Thursday, April 9, 2015

Final Game

Day Nine of NaPoWriMo:

Whoosh,
the sound of the ball into my hand,
The defined grip on the ball captures my finger's attention.

Badonkadonk badonkadonk,
as I move the ball up the court,
The decision I need to make is fatal from my team's victory.

Drip,
the sweat falls off my face and hits the floor,
Joins in with the blood, sweat and tears of  athletes everywhere.

Tick tock,
as the numbers on the clock get smaller,
Time decreases as the tension increases among the court- who will be the victor?

Eek eek,
the sound of players moving side to side for the ball.
Escaping from their defender to gain an opportunity over our opponent.

Swish,
as the ball leaves my hand toward the basket,
It's destination is crucial for our victory.

Urrnt,
the buzzer blares out,
And the outcome of the game has been determined.


No comments:

Post a Comment