Monday, April 6, 2015

Slow down and sip the coffee

Day Six of NaPoWriMo:

The steady annoyance of the alarm
 awakes me from my restless slumber.
Overflowed by rushing thoughts of today.
Another reminder I have somewhere to be.

The struggle to remove oneself
from the indulging grasp of sheets and pillows
is battle I unfortunately win everyday.
Another reminder I have somewhere to go.

The new day has begun and so has mine.
Rushing here and there to present myself ready
To check things off my list and complete each task.
Another reminder I have something to do.

Rushing out the door, the sweetest scent caresses my nose.
Wondering by, I grab a cup of steaming black nectar.
With wonders of heaven that flirt with my soul and tongue
My perception of life has been enhanced.

With a cup of nectar in my hand, life is at its best.
 My mind at ease, my errands have been put to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment